THE HALLOWZINE PART II (2014)
With great anticipation for Halloween 2014, the HALLOWZINE HAS RETURNED featuring nearly double the number of creatives. Uniting artists, writers, enthusiasts between New York, LA, Norway and London we are once again presenting our celebration of Samhain to the Halloween Godz.
Edited by ONEOFUS founder MAYA KORN this year our HALLOQUEENS and HALLOKINGS include:
(1. JAPANESE HORROR POPS by THE POETRY BROTHEL MADAME HERSELF MISS STEPHANIE BERGER)
(2. A PHOTO-GRAPHIC POEM by MUSE WRITER EVERYTHING GABRIEL DON and collaborator MIRIAM CHISALA)
(3. SPIRITS TAUNT ME AND THEY HAVE YOUR EYES by POET and POETRY BROTHEL ALUM GABRIEL MORENO)
(4. (02) by PERFORMANCE ARTIST VERONICA BRUCE)
(5. MONSTER INVASION – DIRECTOR RICHARD BATES JR. ON ‘SUBURBAN GOTHIC’, for FANGORIA by last year’s HALLOWZINE co-editor VIVIENNE VAUGHN)
(6. Z-ILLUSTRATIONS by VISUAL ARTIST EMILY TAT)
(7. SPOOKY by WRITER and PHD’er ELSA COURT)
(8. THE RETURN OF NICO AMARCA’s DARKWAVE PLAYLIST II)
(10. HALLOWSTRATIONS by VISUAL ARTIST JENNIFER GREGORY with special thanks to KIRSTY YOUNG)
(11. MUSINGS by WRITER MARY WANG)
(12. ARTWORK by VISUAL ARTIST SOPHIE DAYAN)
(13. DJ THE LAST SKEPTIK’S TOP 5 HORROR RAP SONGS)
(14. FOOD IS SCARY by FOOD WRITERBLOGGERJOURNO HELENA GOODRICH)
(15. COSTUMES by DRESS-UP MAVEN TIFFANY VASQUEZ)
(16. SHOOT with EDITOR MAYA KORN. PHOTO’S by DESIGNER SAM BRANMAN)
(17. REAL VS. PERCEIVED GHOST SIGHTINGS, EXCERPTS FROM A LETTER BY WRITERSINGERARTIST GIULIANNA REILEY)
The HALLOWZINE has a limited physical distribution but if you want a FLESH copy WE may STITCH one together for you IF you ask really nicely email@example.com.
BORN in the CATSKILLS.
He is pictured here with his partner in crime ERIC getting dressed in a leprechaun outfit HE MADE for a CHERYL (http://cherywillruinyourlife.info) an art collective based in BROOKLYN who make videos, do performance art, and throw a long-running series of costumed theme-parties.
He has a BFA in PHOTOGRAPHY from the School of Art+Design at Purchase College, SUNY and recently earned a certificate in PATTERNMAKING from the FASHION INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY.
He started out as a PHOTOGRAPHER, shooting the things he loved. His primary subjects are his friends and hobbies, shooting some of the same people for ten years. He began shooting COSPLAYERS shortly after he began COSPLAYING himself at anime conventions in Baltimore, Dallas, and New Jersey. During and after college Sam performed with THE TERROR PIGEON DANCE REVOLT!(http://theterrorpigeondancerevolt.com/), making costumes, taking photos during every show from the middle of the crowd, and shooting the cover and other exterior art for the debut album, as well as recording some back-up vocals. In the past few years, he has appeared in videos and performed with CHERYL.
Originally starting out as half a JOKE, creating and interpreting costumes and day-to-day outfits became his primary means of expression. Sam MAKES clothes that are as much about people as his photography is. Custom pieces, spandex, comfortable knits, and borderline-insane prints all feature heavily in his design aesthetic. Body-baring, occasionally confrontational, and blending MASCULINE and FEMININE style, his work is always focused on FUN.
CHECK OUT HIS WORK