This year we have united artists from Berlin, London and New York in our creative exploration of HALLOWEEN.
The launch will include a performance form our fabulous drag host HEIDI GLÜM as well as a program of horrific short films.
There will popcorn, there will be blood and there will be zines, as well as our bespoke Halloween cocktails (‘The Vamp’ & Murder Most Foul’) for your pleasure.
Dressing up is not compulsory but encouraged.
Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 on the door.
The venue is VIDEOLOGY: 308 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn NY, 11201
The shorts will include:
Irisa Hou ‘Bunny Bizness’
“A little goth boy wants to buy a taxidermy raven for his 13th birthday, but the bird isn’t quite dead yet.”
Edmund Trevelyan-Johnson ‘How To Properly Maintain Your Pencil Set’
‘Dennis would very much like to get something off his chest about pencils.’
Darius Bielecki ‘Saturn’
‘A tale of cannibalistic claymation.’
Simon Evans ‘Bait’
‘A journey into an unhappy dystopic future.’
Amelia Hassard’s ‘Carnal’
‘Hello, it is meat you’re looking for.’
Stevie Eats Worms ‘Wawd Ahp’
‘A man cuts his head off and has sex with it. There is also a cartoon.’
Patrick Clement ‘The Eternal Pitfall of Prokofiev’
‘When the hapless Prokofiev makes a Faustian pact with a caped stranger, he get more than he bargained for. A 16mm homage to classic German expressionism.’
Oliver Kember ‘Prenup Butter’
‘Max and Jess are a newlywed couple on the hunt for a home together. They may have said their vows, but there’s one last conversation they still need to have…’
Edward Tracy ‘Captcha’
A noir thriller, in which an unassuming government scientist (Darvill) has unknowingly been ‘spiked’ with a love implant, but the spy (Hayes) who put it there has fallen in love for real.
Tom Brown & Daniel Gray ‘Teeth’
‘The life of a misguided and intensely focused man, chronicled through his oral obsessions.’
THE HALLOWZINE PART II (2014)
With great anticipation for Halloween 2014, the HALLOWZINE HAS RETURNED featuring nearly double the number of creatives. Uniting artists, writers, enthusiasts between New York, LA, Norway and London we are once again presenting our celebration of Samhain to the Halloween Godz.
Edited by ONEOFUS founder MAYA KORN this year our HALLOQUEENS and HALLOKINGS include:
(1. JAPANESE HORROR POPS by THE POETRY BROTHEL MADAME HERSELF MISS STEPHANIE BERGER)
(2. A PHOTO-GRAPHIC POEM by MUSE WRITER EVERYTHING GABRIEL DON and collaborator MIRIAM CHISALA)
(3. SPIRITS TAUNT ME AND THEY HAVE YOUR EYES by POET and POETRY BROTHEL ALUM GABRIEL MORENO)
(4. (02) by PERFORMANCE ARTIST VERONICA BRUCE)
(5. MONSTER INVASION – DIRECTOR RICHARD BATES JR. ON ‘SUBURBAN GOTHIC’, for FANGORIA by last year’s HALLOWZINE co-editor VIVIENNE VAUGHN)
(6. Z-ILLUSTRATIONS by VISUAL ARTIST EMILY TAT)
(7. SPOOKY by WRITER and PHD’er ELSA COURT)
(8. THE RETURN OF NICO AMARCA’s DARKWAVE PLAYLIST II)
(10. HALLOWSTRATIONS by VISUAL ARTIST JENNIFER GREGORY with special thanks to KIRSTY YOUNG)
(11. MUSINGS by WRITER MARY WANG)
(12. ARTWORK by VISUAL ARTIST SOPHIE DAYAN)
(13. DJ THE LAST SKEPTIK’S TOP 5 HORROR RAP SONGS)
(14. FOOD IS SCARY by FOOD WRITERBLOGGERJOURNO HELENA GOODRICH)
(15. COSTUMES by DRESS-UP MAVEN TIFFANY VASQUEZ)
(16. SHOOT with EDITOR MAYA KORN. PHOTO’S by DESIGNER SAM BRANMAN)
(17. REAL VS. PERCEIVED GHOST SIGHTINGS, EXCERPTS FROM A LETTER BY WRITERSINGERARTIST GIULIANNA REILEY)
The HALLOWZINE has a limited physical distribution but if you want a FLESH copy WE may STITCH one together for you IF you ask really nicely email@example.com.